|When are Licenses
dogs three months of age or older must have a current Pima County
license. The license must be affixed to a collar and should be
worn at all times. To obtain your dog's license, your dog must
have a current rabies vaccination. The rabies vaccination must
be administered by a licensed veterinarian.
- Have your dog vaccinated for rabies at 3 months
of age by a veterinarian. Distemper and parvo vaccines should
have been started at 6 weeks of age.
- The veterinarian will provide you with a
completed Pima Animal Care Center rabies certificate.
- Mail or deliver the rabies certificate along with
the appropriate license fees to Pima Animal Control Center.
- PACC will return the certificate and a license
tag to you.
- Put the tag on your dog's collar, keep the
certificate in a safe place.
Pima County does not require licensing of